Saturday, March 22, 2008

Should've flown a kite instead!

Today's run was a 12 miler that was a breather from the weekly milage buildup.  I took the first 5 miles pretty slow with the 2nd and 3rd mile averaging 11 1/2 minutes per mile.  The wind was terrible and although it was sunny, it wasn't warm.  After I finished the first 5 miles in 50 minutes, I started to feel pretty good and picked up the pace a bit and ended up finishing the next 7 miles in 1 hour and 4 minutes.  Overall pace was 9 1/2 minute miles but I was pretty spent and couldn't have kept that up for very much longer.  My knee hurt once or twice but it's been o.k. the rest of the day.  Stretched, but haven't had a chance to ice it with family being in town today.  I really missed my running buddy, Jodi today. :(  Misery is always best shared!

8:30  Got up late so I drank 3/4 serving of Ultra Fuel and vitamins.
9:20  Drank 12 oz. accelerade on the run.
Drank 12 oz. Endurox R4 for recovery.
An hour later ate egg salad sandwich and strawberries.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed! And I didn't do ANYTHING but EAT and Eat and then EAT some more! We were heading on a walk and ended up snowmobiling instead! I am feeling like a blob already! I did go out yesterday but it was blistery cold and windy! Had to walk most of the way cause of uneven roads covered with snow patches! There is still four feet of snow here!