Monday, March 17, 2008

Recovering from the weekend

I took it easy today and ran 3 miles followed by weight training.  I can already feel my bum, not a good sign!  Hopefully it won't be too bad!  Running felt good today and gives me hope since the whole weekend while my knee was aching I was feeling pretty down.  It's not even hurting like it was before, it's just tight, but I'm just so afraid I'm going to be right back where I was last year or worse, like I was several years ago and not be able to do anything.  It's crazy how a little pain can bring back so many bad memories.  The only thing I can relate it to is labor and when you feel that first hard contraction all the memories from previous births come flooding back in an instant and you remember with amazing preciseness the horrific pains that lie in front of you and you want to just say, "Never mind, I don't want to do this anymore.  Does somebody want to do this for me?  Can I just be knocked out now and someone can wake me up when it's all over with?"  Something along those lines!  Anyway, today was encouraging.  I guess we'll see how it goes the rest of the day.  I may have Janz rolling pin my leg again today even though that hurts too.  I guess if I get desperate enough I can always go see the chiro that I saw last year.  I think this weekends long run will be a good test for it.  

specs:
8:00 ate bran muffin and glass of water
ran, drank water
recovered with glass of accelerade
ate salmon and pasta and broccoli for lunch
forgot vitamins again!  

No comments: