Saturday, May 3, 2008

Long Run?

Well I woke up not feeling very good this morning and had a busy day ahead of me.  So after our busy morning, and after being kind of grouchy, I decided to take a nap and when I got up I only had about an hour and a half to do my "long run" before the night's activities.  I don't do well on lack of sleep.  So the nap helped but didn't leave me time for as long of a run as I planned on.  I ran a little over 9 miles and did it all at a pretty easy pace.  It was nice again to not have to stop and walk to recover and I even ran up a really big long hill and it didn't wind me.  I ran the last 3 1/2 miles that were mostly downhill a little faster.  It felt good and though it was a shorter long run, I hope it will be good enough.  I figured that wearing out my body wouldn't be good at this point and maybe the nap was more important today.  It was good being outside in the nice weather and improved my mood greatly.  Now hopefully this not feeling good thing won't last too long.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The nap was a good thing. Enjoy it! It was way more important than the run. Glad you're listening to your body. M