Thursday, May 15, 2008

Last one before Saturday!

I can't believe that it's almost here!  Every time I check the weather though, I'm disappointed because it's going to be about 86 degrees.  Just like last year.  It got really hot and hard during the last 6 miles and I'm sure it will be about the same this year!  Oh well.  At least it will be a good comparison for the two years.  I had a really bad day yesterday and wasn't excited at all and my stomach was aching again with nerves.  I didn't get any sleep the night before either and I'm sure that didn't help.  But while running today, I could just see us finishing.  I could see the finish line and our families there and it was a great scene!  It got me really excited and it's going to be a great run no matter what my time is or what happens.  I did my 3 miles today with the 3 minutes towards the end almost in a sprint to get ready for carbo loading.  Yes, that starts today too.  It's gonna be great!  
My friend Julie brought over a marathon survival kit.  She is so sweet and it was very thoughtful of her.  She's got all the essentials packed in there, including the victory chocolate!  I will admit that I didn't think that chocolate would make it to the end, but it's still here, calling my name and I will save it for the finish line!  Thanks, Julie!

5 comments:

JBPacker said...

You go girl..... I will be thinking of you on Saturday. Good Luck!

Lindsay S said...

Good luck on Sat!!! Cant wait to hear how it goes.

Unknown said...

May the wind be at your back and the gator aid to your liking. Good luck Jen... this is the day you've been waiting for. Now go! :>)) M

Kelly(M&M) said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to wish you good luck!! I just ran Salt Lake and it was a tough race for me. I think you have visited our blog Marathon Mommies before and we would love to have you join us. Let me know if you are interested. I also posted about the song Defying Gravity! It is my favorite running song right now.

Have a great race tomorrow!! I will check back.

sunshine said...

Ran across your blog... hope your race went well! Can't wait to read the race report. I'm sure that victory chocolate tasted sweeter than ever. :)