Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fall running

Fall is such a great time to get outside and run.  The mornings and evenings are cool and crisp and the days still sunny and warm.  Autumn is my favorite season for so many reasons.


I love the sound of crunching leaves underfoot.  I love kicking through them while running.  I love the smells of dirt and rotting leaves.  I know it doesn't sound good but it really is!


The colors of fall are simply amazing.  I have trouble staying away from the trails this time of year.





 I took my husband out for a run last week in the evening and we both had a great time.  It got really chilly towards the end but it was just a good excuse to get hot chocolate afterwards.


Saturday was another 5K race to benefit the local women and children's shelter.  It's where I got my PR last year.  It's a good course and I was hopeful to maybe match it.


It was also the first hat and gloves run of the year. 
me, Jodi, and Heather 


me and Jodi after the race


They changed the route slightly from last year and I'd like to say that's why I didn't get a PR again.  But I'm sure that's not it.  I just wasn't feeling it last last week.  I didn't feel like dry heaving again and didn't push it until the last mile.  25:38 was my time.  Ten seconds longer than the week before. Still good enough for 1st in my age division.  It's funny that it wasn't really satisfying. 





One of the things I love about going to races is the vastly different people that are there.  I like to people watch.  Shoes are one of my favorite things to look at and it just happened that two very different shoes were right next to each other.  I don't judge.  I say, go with what works for you.  It's just interesting.  

Coming up:  A color run for me this Saturday.  Tutu is made and ready!
A review and giveaway next week of a great new product!  You're gonna want to come back for this one!

14 comments:

Coy Martinez said...

Crayola has NOTHING on those trees. Nothing. I would spend all day outside on those trails. They're beautiful!

Congrats on winning all the goodies!!

Life After Swimming said...

Gorgeous pictures! Nothing beats running in this weather :)

Jeff Gallup said...

Stunning! And yes.. I LOVE fall trail running... almost as much as snow trail running which is coming soon! :-)

Jen Feeny said...

Those pics are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a beautiful placed to run! The colors are so vibrant!

Michelle @ www.movinitwithmichelle.com said...

wow what awesome pics! I love the fall!!!

B.o.B. said...

OMG your photos make me hate Florida just a little bit. Those are stunning.

Ed said...

Isn't fall amazing for running?! I am so excited for it, just gotta get my butt in gear....

Joanne said...

Great photos of fall leaves. Wish we had a trail like that around here.
Good job on the race. Although not every race will be a PR, it will be just as rewarding in different ways.

Joanne said...

Great photos of fall leaves. Wish we had a trail like that around here.
Good job on the race. Although not every race will be a PR, it will be just as rewarding in different ways.

Tasha Malcolm said...

The leaves are just starting to change in Spokane and I love it! You can never have too many fall leaf pictures. :-)

Raina said...

I love the fall too- the colors are so pretty and the air so crisp.

Congrats on the AG award. It will be more satisfying next time :)

I have never seen shoes like those with coils! Strange..but whatever works!

Unknown said...

The picture of you mid-stride, completely off the ground is my favourite. I think that must be why we love to run... The moments of flight. I'm thinking you and your husband must of painted those trees for the picture :) They're so gorgeous.. It's a good day to be alive... Especially on the trails of Utah. Mike

TheIronYou said...

The colors are amazing. Gorgeous!
Mike