Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Run and Jump to the Music!

I dragged myself out of bed earlier than normal this morning so I could head out before it got too hot.  I ran 4 miles and ended with a giant hill that I ran up all the way thanks to my new favorite song blaring in my ears the whole way up.  There's something about concentrating on the beat and keeping my eyes just a little in front of me instead of up the whole hill, that seems to help me with hills.  Now if I could just remember that all the time.  It was a good run.  I jumped rope for 15 miserable minutes and the only thing that made it bearable was Abby doing it with me while listening to Miley Cyrus with her.  I love it when my kids exercise with me.  I still need to get in my upper body weights today but it will have to wait until later tonight.

2 comments:

Doran & Jody said...

Oh man. I am feeling like such a slacker!! I tried to run last Thursday. My leg gave out after 1+ miles. I got off the treadmill with a numb leg. I looked like someone just dragging their leg behind then.
I went for a walk with Camri last night. We ended up walking my favorite 'water' route. If I knew we were going to go that far I would have worn better shoes and not denim jeans. Sheesh. But I did manage to run down 6th East from 100 S to 200 N. Hopefully I will get this owie worked out.

Jen said...

I hope you do too. I miss our early morning runs! That was really good for me.