Monday, July 21, 2008

Rainy Run

What great weather for a summer run!  When I started out this morning it was sprinkling a little but by the time I had gone 5 miles, it had started to rain!  Hooray!  It's been a really long time since it's rained and it felt so good.  I ran over to the horses and rode them for a bit really trying to concentrate on those core muscles and my inner thighs.  It was so fun listening to the sound of the rain on the metal roofs.  The thistles are blooming and the Russian Olive trees were beautiful in the rain.  It was a great day to be out.  I felt so good and the weather was perfect so I decided to do another 5 miles after riding and make it my long run.  It's days like this I need to remember when I'm having those not so good days and can't remember why I love to run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nothing like the ol' biathlon.. running and riding :) Yeehaa. My morning runs always have the same finish line ... the corral to greet and bring in the horses. great for heart and soul

happy trails
gp in montana

Unknown said...

Hooray for the rain! Love the hill running strategy. Coincidentally, I have 5 hills to run today so I'll have an opportunity to try it out. The tunes sure help too! Michael