Monday, June 30, 2008

Wake Up!

Saturday was a huge wake up call to me that I need a wake up call to get myself out of bed earlier if I am going to keep running this summer.  It just gets too hot even by 9 or 10 in the morning and it doesn't really cool off either.  So I made myself get out of bed this morning a little before 6 and was able to get out the door by 6:15.  It was a beautiful day and it was already warm.  I decided to run my 5 mile route backwards (did I mention I'm sick of my route?) before heading over to the stables to ride Ritz for a little bit.  I detoured a bit onto Main Street where all the drinking fountains are.  Then I headed over to ride.  Ritz is a really patient horse.  It was my first time putting the bridle on by myself.  I usually have my mother in law or Janzen or Justin there to help me, but I think I got it on right.  Good thing I didn't have to mess with the saddle or I could have been there an hour just trying to get it on.  I rode around for about 15 minutes bareback to get that good inner thigh workout and then headed home to finish my weights.  It's so hard getting out of bed early, but I'm always glad afterwards that I did.

No comments: