Saturday, June 7, 2008

Stairway to heaven?

So my friend and personal trainer Holly, convinced me to run stairs with her and some friends on Saturday at the high school since I had already done my long run for the week.  I has been YEARS since I have run stairs, so I knew it was going to be bad.  I used to be really good at running stairs.  Of course that was when I was doing it 3 times a week.  We did one minutes intervals with a one minute recovery.  I only had time to do 18 sets.  It kicked my rear end!  There were times I thought I was going to puke.  It was way harder than any speed work out!  I think I need to do this more often.  But for now, I need to nurse my aching calves and rear end until they aren't screaming at me.  Hopefully running Monday will loosen them up!

No comments: