Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekly Recap

Monday:  2 1/2 mile run.  Only slight pain in the knees.  Felt pretty good about the progress being made.  Plan to run every other day keeping the mileage about the same until there's no pain and then gently increasing.  Lifted weights.
Tuesday:  Used as a flexibility day.  Rolled the knees and hamstrings and glutes and quads and calves. 
Wed:  Ran 2 miles.  Lots of pain.  Walked quite a bit.  Was discouraged.  Lifted weights.
Thurs./Fri.:  Knees still bugging me.  Rested from everything except playing with the kids.  
Saturday:  Sat through a 2 hour meeting and knees didn't hurt.  Jump roped for 45 minutes and ran 2 miles in the mountains.  Only slight pain on the downhills.  Walked until it loosened up, never really hit the sharp pain mark.  Lifted weights.

All in all a good week.  I think I had pain Wed. because of rolling aggressively the day before.  I think I need to be more consistent rolling and not try to do it all in one day.  I need more patience, but I think those knees of mine are getting better.

Here's a shout out to my friend Angi who's running her first marathon this Saturday!  I'm so excited for her and I'm so proud of her.  She's a very busy mom who's really sacrificed to make this dream come true for herself!  Go on over and wish her luck! 

No comments: