Tuesday, September 23, 2008

This Report Sucks.

So I completely stunk it up last week and didn't do much.  I have this little boy who thinks he's my alarm clock only it's set to go off at midnight, then two and then be wide awake at seven.  I don't know quite what's happened but things have settled down.  What makes it twice as bad was that after a few nights I began to expect it, so I'd lay there awake until the first alarm went off and then still not be able to go back to sleep.  I was a walking zombie most of last week.  It's amazing how sleep deprivation sucks the life out of you and any desire to do anything other than conserve energy and find time to doze off.  So....as for last week, I jumped rope for 25 minutes, ran 2 miles, and then ran 3 miles all without pain.  It's a good sign.  But I didn't get in any weight training and planned to hike on Saturday but got rained out.  So I'd better do better this week or this pie I'm eating for breakfast is going to mold itself to the outside of my thighs.

4 comments:

anna jo said...

I hear ya sister. life is so much harder without sleep! this past week both pete and I have been having trouble sleeping (like we'll be up at two am doing random things because it's better than lying in bed awake all night). it sucks. hopefully your little alarm clock gets some sleep himself!

qponqwn said...

Thanks for posting on my blog. It was such a nice run. I'm thinking about Ogden. My friends say it is all in the canyon til the last mile, which would be great for me since that was a nice distraction. If you're healthy maybe Ang and I can join you. I haven't talked to her much this week so I'm not sure how she feels about it, but I bet if we gang up on her we can talk her into it. I haven't run yet, I'm not even sore--just tired!! I feel ready for bed at about 6pm every night. I think I'll give myself a week to recover and start slow and easy. Thanks for all the great insight on here.

Unknown said...

Good post. Reminds me of the time when my then 5 year old son was playing with my alarm clock before bed one night in the dead of a cold dark winter. We put him to bed and that was that. The next morning the alarm sounded, I jumped out of bed, showered, shaved, dressed, and was downstairs eating breakfast when i noticed the clock on the wall... 3:20 AM! Yup, life sucks some times. Keep up the great posts. M

Unknown said...

Hmm, come to think of it, he's still waking me up at 3:20 AM... late night meals, movies, friends visiting, coming home late, music, guitar strumming.... oh well, what can you do? Gotta love 'em. :>) M