Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Gotta Love those Step Down Weeks!

I've never really trained in the summer. Not seriously. And not for a marathon. I feel like I can't miss a single work out or the whole race will be in jeopardy. I know this is probably not true but I don't want to leave anything to chance. So vacationing becomes a challenge. One thing I really like about this training schedule is that it has a break week. The mileage increases for 3 weeks and then you get a step down week. I am finding that I need those weeks both physically and mentally. Somehow the timing was just right for our little trip. I did miss one running day but don't really feel too bad about it. My IT bands and piraformis have been bugging me a little since last week. I've been to see the chiro twice so hopefully that helps. I keep thinking that getting help before I'm in total pain will pay off in the end.

Monday August 3rd- 10 mile bike ride, boating fun
Tuesday August 4th- 7 mile run
Wednesday August 5th- 10 mile bike ride, rock climbing
Friday August 7th- biking on trails and canoeing
Saturday August 8th- 7 mile run

1 comment:

Mel said...

Keep it up! You're awesome:)