Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Getting back into it

The last couple of weeks have been a blur.  I got sick.  My kids were sick.  There was not much sleep involved and even less running.  The first week I tried to keep it up, 3 miles one day, 2 miles the next.  But it just wasn't worth the coughing fit I'd have afterwards.  I still longed to run, but after things took a turn for the worse, (kids got ear infections and fevers and I got my sinus infection back) I gave up.  I didn't even want to run.  I managed to lift weights twice the first week and twice the second week, but even my pushup/crunch challenge got put on hold.  So last Saturday I finally got back out there.  I ran 5 1/2 miles with some challenging hills on the mountainside (new trails discovered! Hooray!)  It felt great to be out there again especially since the weather was so nice.  I even got a bit of a tan line.  The last mile seemed long.  But I desperately needed the break from the sick house.  I had a nice coughing fit when I got home, but I wasn't sore like I thought I'd be after a week and a half break.  Yesterday I ran 2 miles easy and got back to the challenge.  I moved up to the 30 push ups and 300 crunches.  The last few were tough, but that's how it's been each week I've moved up.  I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things this week.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done Jen. 5 1/2 miles after all that illness is commendable. Sorry to hear about all those germs invading your family's health. That can't be fun. My calf is coming along well and I expect I'll start some light running this weekend. It'll be four weeks this coming Sunday so I'm so far off training I have no idea what I can do. I'll just start off slow and see where it goes from there. Are you still doing ballet. That's so cool. M