Thursday, April 1, 2010

Monster Month - Done!

I've been dreading and worrying about this month ever since I typed up our marathon training schedule into a calendar. Monster marathon month. On paper it looked intimidating. Especially the 10 x 800M Yasso's that we were scheduled to do after the 20 miler. They were tough, but I did it. Actually, doing it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I need to remember to just take things one day at a time. You'd have thought running would have taught me that lesson by now. Anyway, this is what monster month looked like for me:
132 total miles.
of that 36 were speed work miles,
64 were long run miles,
8 miles ended up being a tempo run to make sure I wasn't injured,
and the rest would be recovery miles or junk miles.
I went to 3 spinning classes, did my kick boxing video 4 times, lifted weights 5 times, and lost 0 pounds. On the up side, I only woke up during the middle of the night hungry once and that was after the 20 mile run.
I doubt I will have another month like this the rest of this year. But I guess you never know.
The good news is that I'm feeling good. Really, really good. I'm more excited for the marathon than nervous. And that may be a first. I guess in a little more than 2 weeks I'll find out!

5 comments:

Mel said...

Wow, I'm so impressed! You will do great. Just beware of the EVIL taper... I always end up stubbing my toe or something;)

Sheesh, I'm really tempted to come watch you guys finish! So very exciting!

Marathonman101108 said...

"I doubt I will have another month like this the rest of this year." Why not?! You can do it again. The second time will be that much easier. So, when exactly is the marathon? May 15th??

Unknown said...

132 miles... I'm in awe! Way to go Jen. I sense you are biting at the bit for this upcoming marathon and more than ready. Don't forget the taper.... it's all about the taper. I'm up to 16 miles this weekend and then 18, 20, 22....

Mike

Sarai said...

Good job Jen! That is an impressive month! You should be excited and very proud of yourself. Are you running Salt Lake?

Wendy said...

Great job, Jen!! You'll do great!